Manage episode 230852223 series 1386454
On today’s show we welcome Lee, who is here to tell us her personal story and how her husband cheating on her boosted her libido due to a phenomenon called hysterical bonding. Hysterical bonding is a term which hasn't been studied extensively yet. However, it's a phenomenon that many people can relate to.
It describes what happens when someone is cheated on by their partner, or is broken up with, and they want to do anything to win back their ex's affections. It sounds counter-intuitive and paradoxical, but that's because there are many different emotions at play. We’re discussing her marriage of 24 years, how she found out that her husband had been cheating on her and what led her to sticking around and wanting to rebuild the relationship. To hear more about Lee’s story, stay tuned!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Hear more about Lee’s background.
- Growing up with an alcoholic, verbal abusive father.
- How Lee met her husband and got married 11 months into the relationship.
- The first signs that something wasn’t right.
- How Lee’s car accident and neck injury led to her being dependent on pain medication.
- The effect of the pain medication on Lee’s libido.
- Why guys who are getting fulfilled still go out looking for more.
- Having found the love of your life but also wanting sex or a relationship outside of that.
- Finding out about the other women.
- When the hysterical bonding kicked in.
- How Lee regained her libido and has been having sex 2/3 times a day since.
- Trying to rebuild the relationship, starting in the bedroom.
- Lee’s advice to listeners going through a similar situation with their partner.
- And so much more!
“Our first several years of marriage were, I mean, I wouldn’t say perfect because I don’t think there’s a thing as perfect but I was very happy and I felt like he was too.” — Lee [0:09:51]
“I was keeping him satisfied, the problem was, you know, I think he was not happy with the fact that he wasn’t able to satisfy me.” — Lee [0:15:37]
“How can I be just totally heartbroken, devastated and at the same time want my husband?” — Lee [0:29:55]