Manage episode 220640506 series 1318661
Accredited Investors, an Exciting Syndicate Is Under Way: Click to Learn More
Coming from a family of lawyers in Italy, Laura Indolfi was an unlikely candidate to found a tech startup. Yet, her love of engineering and fascination with materials took her to the storied labs at MIT led by Elazer Edelman and Bob Langer. Her startup, PanTher Therapeutics is using off-the-shelf cancer drugs and biomaterials to create a new way to treat cancers that are really hard to treat such as pancreatic cancer, Laura’s first target. Don’t miss this lively interview with a stellar founder.
- Laura Indolfi Bio
- How Laura Indolfi Decided She Wanted to Be a Materials Engineer
- Laura Indolfi Explains Why She Came to the US
- “Like the first six months I was thinking of probably I will go back to Italy and probably join my family into the law firm. But once you pass that moment and you get adjusted to the space then it was much better.”
- The Founding Story of PanTher Therapeutics
- Business Mentors Have Been Very Helpful
- Could MIT’s Process for Licensing Technology from the Institute’s Labs Be Improved?
- What PanTher Is Doing and Why It Matters
- “You end up with 12 times the cancer-killing drug on the tumor as you would get from intravenous application of the same drug.”
- “We are planning to submit our final application to them [the FDA] beginning of next year, January 2019. That will allow us to start enrolling patients the first quarter of 2019.”
- “The things that makes me as the CEO of the company very excited is the engagement from the clinical community. We had a partnership with clinical oncologists that they are operating on these patients, coming up to Boston to operate on the pigs.”
- Sal Daher Reads a Review from a Listener and Asks for Your Review on iTunes
- Laura’s Indolfi Advice on Fundraising
- A Major Change at PanTher and What Drove It
- Laura Indolfi’s Parting Thoughts
- Arrigo Bodda, This Is for You
74 episodes available. A new episode about every 11 days averaging 43 mins duration .