Manage episode 201108851 series 1026366
This episode is sponsored by Colorist Society International and Mixinglight.com.
On this episode of the colorist podcast, I talk with Color Scientist and Trainer, Dado Valentic.
Recently, Dado’s presentation about Artificial Intelligence and Color Grading has been making it’s way through the internet. In this YouTube video, he poses a question: Can we make the colorist’s job easier by using machine learning to match shots? This is the basis for a new plug-in he is developing for DaVinci Resolve called, “Joi”
Originally from Yugoslavia, Dado’s career has spanned from working at corporations like Apple and Sony, to running his own post production facility, “MyTherapy.” There he worked on a massive amount of projects in TV, film and commercials. In addition, he is a trainer for the International Colori st Academy and Colour.Training. Currently, he’s decided to put his full focus on developing new software with his latest company “Colourlab”
In this podcast, we talk about:
- Starting at Apple and how he first became exposed to color grading
- Machine learning and how it relates to color grading
- Working with HDR in a color managed workflow
- Being involved early in the filmmaking process
- How teaching has increased his skills as a colorist
- The tools that haven’t been created yet for the colorist
- Creating the “look” before the balance grade
- Running a facility versus being a colorist
- Why the CSI is an important group for colorists
This episode is sponsored by:
Colorist Society International
For more information on how you can become a member, visit, https://coloristsociety.com/Join-the-Colorist-Society.
Use the coupon code “josh15” for 15% off the first term of any Premium Color library subscription.
23 episodes available. A new episode about every 30 days averaging 39 mins duration .