Manage episode 203404145 series 1026366
This episode is sponsored by Colorist Society International and Mixinglight.com.
On this special episode of the Colorist Podcast, we discuss the details of NAB 2018 from a colorist’s perspective. Joining me is my long time friend and Coloristos podcast partner, Jason Myres.
Back in 2012, Jason and co-hosted a podcast called “The Coloristos” with our friend Juan Salvo. Every year, we were excited about the announcements that came with every NAB. This one proved to be just as interesting and surprising as years past.
Jason is also known for creating one of the best places for colorists to interact on the internet, liftgammagain.com. It’s the hub for colorists around the world to discuss software, hardware, inspiration, and techniques for colorists. Jason’s experience spans a wide variety of software and hardware platforms, which gives him a broad experience to draw on.
In this podcast, we talk about:
- Blackmagic Design’s NAB announcements and how they effect colorists
- The addition of Fusion to DaVinci Resolve
- The IMF export spec and how it’s been adopted in different software
- Improvements in Flame and Lustre 2019
- BLG grades inside of Flame
- Filmlight Baselight version 5 release across their entire platform
- The state of color managed workflows and ACES
- New grading monitors for NAB
- Coloring in HDR and VR
This episode is sponsored by:
Colorist Society International
For more information on how you can become a member, visit, https://coloristsociety.com/Join-the-Colorist-Society.
Use the coupon code “josh15” for 15% off the first term of any Premium Color library subscription.
23 episodes available. A new episode about every 30 days averaging 39 mins duration .