Manage episode 230237306 series 32120
Today we are joined by Cameron Beccario who created the immensely impressive Earth visualization — a beautiful, geeky, mesmerizing look at the small blue marble we call home. On the show Cameron tells us all about the story behind the project, its evolution, and its reception — plus, at the end, we have a bonus chat about the state of data visualization in Japan.
Enjoy the show!
- Data Visualization Society
- Cameron’s Github repository
- Fernanda Viegas’ & Martin Wattenberg’s Wind Map
- Data Viz Japan
- Tohoku earthquake visualization
1. Welcome back to Data Stories! (00:00:26)
2. There are no ads on Data Stories because we are listener-supported (00:01:13)
3. Check out the new Data Visualization Society! (00:01:50)
4. Introducing today's guest Cameron Beccario (00:02:45)
5. Cameron's visualization earth.nullschool.net (00:04:57)
6. The process for collecting this earth data (00:08:12)
7. The technology behind the project (00:12:22)
8. The reception of the project (00:16:23)
9. The future of the project (00:25:28)
10. Data Visualization in Japan (00:30:40)
11. Get in touch with us and support us on Patreon (00:34:39)
144 episodes available. A new episode about every 17 days averaging 45 mins duration .