Manage episode 232974092 series 32120
We have Tim Dwyer on the show to talk about Immersive Analytics, the use of virtual reality and other immersive technology to analyze and present data visually. Tim is a Professor of Data Visualisation and Immersive Analytics at Monash University in Melbourne and his research focuses on the human and technological aspect of immersive analytics. On the show we talk about what immersive analytics is, what are the major opportunities and challenges and how one gets started experimenting with it. Tim also talks about some of the specific projects he and his collaborators developed on his lab.
1. Welcome to Data Stories! (00:00:23)
2. We have no ads on Data Stories because we're fully listener-supported; please consider making a contribution to the podcast (00:00:59)
3. Introducing today's guest Tim Dwyer, an immersive data visualization expert (00:01:32)
4. Why should we visualize data in an immersive environment? (00:09:03)
5. The Reality-Virtuality Continuum (00:15:20)
6. The greatest challenges in the AR/VR space (00:18:19)
7. Tim's scientific research on immersive data experiences (00:23:59)
8. How to develop VR/AR data visualization on your own? (00:39:30)
9. Get in touch with us and support us on Patreon (00:48:39)
145 episodes available. A new episode about every 17 days averaging 46 mins duration .