Manage episode 234685587 series 2494635
Okay, first of all, this episode is NOT about 30 days without food. I've never done that and don't plan on trying it any time soon. However, it is about two important ideas. 1) 30 days. It is the decision to commit to something for 30 days. After you have "Tried Three Times" and determined that something is doable and valuable to you, it's time to go for it! And hey, ESM people can do just about anything for 30 days! 2) Fasting. Fasting in the Bible is the giving up of something comfortable (food) to replace it with something important (prayer). So, when we talk about fasting, we are talking about eliminating something non essential from your day, and instead replacing it with something more important... for 30 days!
- How to understand fasting in Bible times
- How to fast today in many ways, not just with food
- Why it is important to give something up to make room for something else.
- How to take the 30 day challenge in your ESM journey
- Why is 30 days an important amount of time for proving discipline in your life
61 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 18 mins duration .