Manage episode 202374894 series 179436
Allen believes the church is for cultivating story. So let’s talk about that. And in this episode, the hosts answer “Ask Me Anything” questions submitted by listeners, including science and miracles, spiritual formation for children, and revisiting pacifism.
Cultivating Story Conversation (00:55)
AMA Segment (31:02)
From Our Cultivating Story Conversation
- Intersections Roundtable – A Community of EXvangelicals and UNfundies – 113 (Irenicast Episode)
- Field of Dreams (1989 Film)
- Brian's Song (1971 TV Film)
- The Simpsons (TV Show)
- StoryCorps (Non-Profit Organization)
From Our Irenicast AMA Segment
- A Christian Response to War – Finding A Third Way – 002 (Irenicast Episode)
- Israeli forces kill 16 Palestinians in Gaza border protests: Gaza medics (Article)
- Delonte Gholston Facebook Status
- Center for Prophetic Imagination (Non-Profit Organization)
- Interview with Author Mark Van Steenwyk – 062 (Irenicast Episode)
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer (Theologian)
- The Critical Journey, Stages in the Life of Faith by Janet O. Hagberg (Book - Amazon Affiliate Link)
- Matthew Paul Turner
- Marie-Helene Delval
- Godly Play (Foundation)
- Hume on Miracles - Philosophy Tube (YouTube Video)
- Baruch Spinoza's Physical Theory
- Miracles: The Credibility of the New Testament Accounts by Craig S. Keener (Book - Amazon Affiliate Link)
- Halloween and the Supernatural – Paranormal Proclivities – 034 (Irenicast Episode)
- Reconciling Scripture with Science – EVILution – 003 (Irenicast Episode)
- Mike McHargue (Author & Podcaster)
- Finding God in the Waves by Mike McHargue (Book - Amazon Affiliate Link)
Thank you to all the listeners that submitted questions for this episode, we are so grateful for your participation in the conversation.
Thank you for listening to Irenicast. If you appreciate the show please consider sharing your appreciation by rating, reviewing and/or subscribing to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or whatever platform you’re listening on.
You can also help support the show financially by going to irenicast.com/amazon to do your Amazon shopping. This will cost you nothing, but Amazon will give a portion of the proceeds to the show.
Jeff Manildi | co-host and producer | email@example.com
Jeff is the husband to an incredibly strong woman and father of two captivating young ladies. He is currently the Director of Discipleship at a United Methodist church on the central coast of California. In addition to getting his B.A. in Theology, he also received his ordination through the prestigious online organization of The Universal Life Church whose alumni include the likes of Conan O’Brien and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. Jeff loves all things that tell a story: people, movies, tv, music, comics, etc.
Allen O’Brien | co-host | firstname.lastname@example.org
Allen received his B.A. in Biblical Studies from The Master's College and an M.A. in Theology and Biblical Studies from Fuller Theological Seminary, making him the illegitimate child of both conservative and moderately progressive evangelicalism. He has worked in church ministry since 2006 and is currently solo-pastoring at his local UCC congregation. When not ministering, Allen throws things to his border collie Sonata and writes for multiple platforms.
You can follow Allen (@AllenOB) on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, & Good Reads. Also if you are in the Sacramento, CA area check out Allen’s brick and mortar version of this podcast called Intersections.
ADD YOUR VOICE TO THE CONVERSATION
Join our post-evangelical conversations on faith and culture by interacting with us through the following links:
Read Us on our blog Irenicon
Email Us at email@example.com
Like Us on Facebook
See Us on Instagram
Support Us on Amazon
Intro and Outro music created by Mike Golin.
This post may contain affiliate links. An Irenicon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com