Manage episode 193882275 series 179436
The illustrious Deborah Blades joins us to discuss the incarnation, the disruption that are bodies, and what a theology formed in postcolonial and feminist theory might look like around the holidays. For the segment, Jeff, Allen, and Debbie talk about those times they each discovered Santa was a little too incredible.
Incarnation Conversation (01:23)
When We Stopped Believing in Santa Segment (57:59)
From Our Conversation on Incarnation
- The Story of Gentle Thursday – Loss, Language and Feminist Theology – Guest Hosts Kat & Dr. Debbie – 072 (Deborah Blades’ First Appearance on Irenicast)
- Dr. Nancy Bedford (Theologian, Professor)
- Selected Essays by Ralph Waldo Emerson (Book - Amazon Affiliate Link)
- Allen’s Picture of the Hindu Mandir (Instagram Pic)
- Homoousios (Theological Term)
- Beyond Monotheism: A Theology of Multiplicity by Laurel Schneider (Book - Amazon Affiliate Link)
- Theotokos (Theological Term)
- Julian of Norwich: Celebrating Mother Jesus by Kittredge Cherry (Blog Post)
- Orange is the New Black (Netflix TV Series)
- Carman - The Champion (YouTube Video)
- The Historical Jesus: The Life of a Mediterranean Jewish Peasant by John Crossan (Book - Amazon Affiliate Link)
From Our When We Found Our Santa Wasn't Real Segment
- The Star (2017 Film)
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017 Film)
We are extremely grateful for Dr. Deborah Blades being a voice on this episode.
Thank you for listening to Irenicast. If you appreciate the show please consider sharing your appreciation by rating, reviewing and/or subscribing to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or whatever platform you’re listening on.
You can also help support the show financially by going to irenicast.com/amazon to do your Amazon shopping. This will cost you nothing, but Amazon will give a portion of the proceeds to the show.
Jeff Manildi | co-host and producer | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff is the husband to an incredibly strong woman and father of two captivating young ladies. He is currently the Director of Discipleship at a United Methodist church on the central coast of California. In addition to getting his B.A. in Theology, he also received his ordination through the prestigious online organization of The Universal Life Church whose alumni include the likes of Conan O’Brien and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. Jeff loves all things that tell a story: people, movies, tv, music, comics, etc.
Allen O’Brien | co-host | email@example.com
Allen received his B.A. in Biblical Studies from The Master's College and an M.A. in Theology and Biblical Studies from Fuller Theological Seminary, making him the illegitimate child of both conservative and moderately progressive evangelicalism. He has worked in church ministry since 2006 and is currently solo-pastoring at his local UCC congregation. When not ministering, Allen throws things to his border collie Sonata and writes for multiple platforms.
You can follow Allen (@AllenOB) on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, & Good Reads. Also if you are in the Sacramento, CA area check out Allen’s brick and mortar version of this podcast called Intersections.
ADD YOUR VOICE TO THE CONVERSATION
Join our post-evangelical conversations on faith and culture by interacting with us through the following links:
Read Us on our blog Irenicon
Email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Like Us on Facebook
See Us on Instagram
Support Us on Amazon
Intro and Outro music created by Mike Golin.
This post may contain affiliate links. An Irenicon is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
150 episodes available. A new episode about every 18 days averaging 64 mins duration .