Manage episode 175422604 series 93829
This coming week is the yearly Cherry Blossom Festival here in JinHae (진해군항제) and the Cherry trees around Korea are in full bloom! Scott, Adam, and Phil sit down to talk about the festival in JinHae including what you can expect from it, the traffic and crowds, the best times to go, things to do at the festival, and the best places to see while you are there. This week we also have a new segment on the show called 'Phil It Up!'. Phil will talk about his favorite thing in Korea! Soups and Stews, also known as JiGae (찌개). Phil lets you know his 5 bests soups and stews including Dongtae jjigae (동태찌개), Samgyetang (삼계탕), Seolleongtang (설렁탕), and more! Then everyone gets together to give their favorite stews and some of the best places to find them! It's a podcast of cherry blossoms, soups, and stews for this episode of K-PoD!Show Notes
- 02:15 The Cherry Blossom Festival in JinHae starts this coming week and Scott starts off with his experiences with the festival.
- 06:05 Adam talks about his time at the festival last year, Scott brings up school field trips to see the Cherry Blossoms, and Phil tells us what it's like living in JinHae at this time of year..
- 10:00 Phil tells us about his first Cherry Blossom Festival, fireworks, and a prank he pulled on his family regarding the festival.
- 16:15 Everyone talks about some other things you can do at the Cherry Blossom Festival other than looking at the cherry trees.
- 26:15 Phil brings us 'Phil It Up!' where he tells us about his favorite soups and stews, also known as JiGae (찌개).
- 30:12 Scott and Adam join in to talk about their favorite soups and stews, as well as the best restaurants and places to get them.
Phil recorded the fireworks that kick off the Cherry Blossom Festival in Jinhae from his place. [video width="400" height="224" mp4="http://podcast.changwoner.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/17682871_290177088082572_5401406482686148608_n.mp4"][/video]
If you have any questions for us, or questions regarding South Korea, please email us you questions now for an upcoming episode where we will be answering listeners questions. Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct Download: http://traffic.libsyn.com/changwoner/ep53.mp3
Contact and Show Links: JinHae Cherry Blossom Festival http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/ATR/SI_EN_3_6.jsp?cid=1630721
This show is recorded at: CK (Chef's Kitchen), Changwon Face Book: https://www.facebook.com/ckchangwon
If you would like to be a guest on K-PoD, or have any questions for the show or regarding South Korea, or have something you'd like to promote, please contact us at email@example.com
65 episodes available. A new episode about every 14 days averaging 61 mins duration .