Manage episode 176763601 series 93829
Jaeyoon Hwang and Matt Chunger are both born in America but of Korean decent and now living here in South Korea. Both of them stop by the podcast to chat with Scott and Phil about growing up in the United States and moving to Korea to live and work. Matt and Jae will also talk about what's like being a Korean/American, both back in the States and here in South Korea.
It's a podcast about being Korean/American with guest Jaeyoon Hwang and Matt Chunger for this episode of K-PoD!Show Notes
- 02:25 Jaeyoon and Matt talk about where she was born and raised, where their parents are originally from, and when they first visited South Korea!
- 08:05 Matt and Jae have been living here in Korea for a year and tell Scott and Phil about what they miss most about back home in America.
- 10:20 Even though both guests are born in America, both of them have family here and tell us their Korean speaking abilities.
- 13:00 Next we find out why both Jae and Matt decided to move to South Korea.
- 17:55 What have been some of the toughest transitions both guests have had with moving and living here in South Korea.
- 22:40 Here, we find out if Koreans think of our guests being Korean and making that mistake.
- 28:40 We start comparing Korean food from back home to here in South Korea plus some of our likes and dislikes.
- 31:41 Out of all the places in South Korea, both Jae and Matt tell us why they picked the Changwon area to live.
- 34:30 Did either of our guests find it hard getting jobs here teaching English with their Korean heritage?
- 42:50 Do either of you hang out with Koreans more here or foreigners....and what ages to you enjoy to teach more?
- 53:00 Finally, we find out Jae's and Matt's future plans and their futures in South Korea.
REMINDER: If you have any questions for us, or questions regarding South Korea, please email us you questions now for an upcoming episode where we will be answering listeners questions. Send your questions to email@example.com
Direct Download: http://traffic.libsyn.com/changwoner/ep54.mp3
This show is recorded at: CK (Chef's Kitchen), Changwon Face Book: https://www.facebook.com/ckchangwon
If you would like to be a guest on K-PoD, or have any questions for the show or regarding South Korea, or have something you'd like to promote, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
65 episodes available. A new episode about every 14 days averaging 61 mins duration .