Manage episode 178278740 series 93829
This week guests from the Gaelic Football club Rithe Oga Gaelic Football stop by to tells us a little more about Gaelic football and how to get involved here in South Korea. Róisín Ní Náir, Sunil Mahtani, and Poilin Niluchrain fill in on the Gaelic football scene here in Korea, what Gaelic football is, and why they all got involved to bring teams of Gaelic football here to Korea, along with future plans for the league. It's the podcast of Irish Gaelic football in Korea for this week's episode of K-PoD!Show Notes
- 01:25 Sunil reminds us a little bit about his past and where he is originally from.
- 02:30 Róisín tells us when she first came to Korea and some more on her home country of Fiji.
- 04:55 Working at a daily newspaper in Canada, thoughts on Montreal, and why making the change to Korea.
- 07:00 Gaelic football and how both Róisín and Sunil are involved with it.
- 08:32 South Korea is the heart for traveling around Asia.
- 09:02 The Irish football league here in Korea, the cities involved, and how to find out more about Gaelic football.
- 12:35 The Busan Gaelic football team where Róisín started playing and why she decided to expand and bring it to the Changwon area.
- 16:09 Some tips on playing Gaelic football and the best way to learn to play..
- 20:20 Poilin Niluchrain is new to Changwon, originally from Ireland, and she joins the podcast to tell us more about Gaelic football.
- 24:50 More on how you can get involve with the Gaelic football league in the Changwon area and in South Korea.
- 29:30 Sunil brings us up-to-date on the Changwon Community Theater and their newest play 'Looking'.
Direct Download: http://traffic.libsyn.com/changwoner/ep57.mp3 Guest Contact Information: Róisín Ní Náir on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rosie.nair Sunil Mahtani on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sunil.mahtani6 Poilin Niluchrain The Gaelic Football League: Rithe Oga Gaelic Football Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/356369704749940/ [caption id="attachment_853" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] The Gaelic Football League: Rithe Oga Gaelic Football[/caption] To get involved with the Gaelic football in Changwon City, please contact Róisín Ní Náir on facebook or show up every Saturday, from 4pm to 6pm at SaRim Field in SaRimDong (사림동) near Changwon University. Saturdays 4 pm to 6 pm SaRim Field (사림운동장) in SaRimDong 사림동 [gallery link="file" ids="853,845,846,847,848,849,850,851,852"] GAA website and rules to Gaelic football: http://www.gaa.ie/the-gaa/rules-regulations/ Changwon Community Theatre Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1510640242582833/ [caption id="attachment_854" align="aligncenter" width="960"] Changwon Community Theatre[/caption] K-PoD
Face Book: https://www.facebook.com/changwoner/
This show is recorded at: CK (Chef's Kitchen), Changwon Face Book: https://www.facebook.com/ckchangwon
If you would like to be a guest on K-PoD, or have any questions for the show or regarding South Korea, or have something you'd like to promote, please contact us at email@example.com
65 episodes available. A new episode about every 14 days averaging 61 mins duration .