Manage episode 180235586 series 1227082
Stephanie Clairmont is a registered dietitian from Toronto, Canada. She's a mum, wife, yoga lover, dog owner and passionate about helping people suffering with digestive health issues. After suffering for years with IBS herself, Stephanie now shares all her insights from personal and professional experience to help others better manage IBS, Crohn's, colitis and other digestive health issues.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Stephanie’s IBS story and journey into the low FODMAP diet.
- Why it is so useful to see a dietitian who has personally experienced IBS and followed a low FODMAP diet themselves?
- Why the low FODMAP diet is not for life and why it’s important to reintroduce FODMAPs into your diet to identify triggers?
- Answers to real questions sent in from listeners of this podcast.
- Is a sugar-free diet recommended in addition to the low FODMAP diet, when suffering from IBS?
- Should natural sugars be completely avoided on the low FODMAP diet?
- Tips for following the low FODMAP diet and the GERD diet when you’re eating out .
- How is the GERD diet different from the low FODMAP diet?
- Why it’s so important to identify your trigger food as quickly as possible?
- How long should you follow a low FODMAP diet and what comes next?
- What should you do if you’ve been following the low FODMAP diet for too long and you are scared about challenging high FODMAP food?
- How can the Beyond FODMAPs Insider’s Club membership community help those suffering from digestive issues?
- Which resources does Stephanie’s offers on her website to help those starting a low FODMAP diet?
To read the show notes for this episode, please visit: