Archive this series
Recorded June 9th. “Worth cherishing in every way.” Reacting to Wonder Woman and answering some in-story questions.
[Regarding this episode… “Eh, it’s not for everyone.”]
Answers, insights, and commentary on:
- I. Logos (22min)
- What if a child…?
- Cherishing in every way
- Mythos and Logos
- Ethos, Logos, and Pathos
- Jenkins’s Emotional Lens
- II. Bedtime Story (6min)
- Confounding Clouds
- Diana’s Bedtime Story Framework
- III. Questions (70min)
- How old is Diana?
- Can Diana return to Themyscira?
- Why didn’t they tell Diana the truth?
- Why didn’t they go with Diana?
- Did she want to leave earlier?
- When did Diana develop powers?
- Why did Ares reveal himself?
- How does the lasso work?
- How did Ares defeat the Olympians?
- Why didn’t Ares destroy mankind sooner?
- What does Ares want?
- What is love?
- Is Ares the source of mankind’s corruption?
- Does seeing Ares change Diana’s belief?
- Does Diana love Ares? Why kill him?
- Why doesn’t Diana reveal herself after World War I?
- Did Diana walk away from mankind?
- What did Diana do for 100 years?
- What moves Diana to act?
- Why does Diana fight Doomsday?
- Why doesn’t she have the same powers in that fight?
- Why does Diana finally go public?
- IV. End Notes (35min)
- Is Ares dead?
- Why doesn’t Steve do something different with the plane?
To learn more:
Wonder Woman: The Art and Making of | Sharon Gosling
Wonder Woman Novelization | Nancy Holder
From Poly to Mono, Mythos to Logos | Evan Puschak
103 Desirability Bias | You Are Not So Smart
Five Ages of Man | Wikipedia
8 Types of Love Ancient Greeks | Mateo Sol
Color Wheel Theory of Love | Wikipedia
Reality Part One | Invisibilia
Treehouse of Horror X | The Simpsons
772 Small Change | Planet Money
How to Use Rhetoric | Camille Langston
Strike Me Down | Return of the Jedi (1983)
True From A Certain Point of View | Robot Chicken
A Better Way To Talk About Love | Mandy Len Catron
Constitutional Peasants | Monty Python
The Princess Bride | Rob Reiner
End notes recorded June 23rd
Canterbury Tales | pronuntiatio
Fæder Ure | Hrothgar Simonus
The Wisdom Series | Bible Project
Raise Brave Girls, Encourage Adventure | Caroline Paul
Teach Girls Bravery, Not Perfection | Reshma Saujani
Professor Robert Sapolsky on Altruism | Big Think
Philosophy of Stoicism | TED Ed
Why I Broke Up With The Little Mermaid | Jesse Eisenberg
Storybook Love Cover | 24getful1
144 days ’til #JusticeLeague
56 episodes available. A new episode about every 20 days averaging 73 mins duration .