Manage episode 241900926 series 1435099
Today I’m talking with Crystal Hollman about product photography. We talked about brand photography way back at the beginning of the show, but I wanted to cover products specifically for those of you who are makers. We chat about why it’s important to have branded images and how product photography is different than other types of photos. We talk about using the images you have effectively so you’re getting the most out of them, as well as some tips for taking your own product photos. Crystal also talks about working with a photographer and what you should look for to get the most out of your investment.
- Why it’s important to have branded photos
- How product photography is different
- Making the best use of the images you have
- Using stock images alongside your custom photos
- Tips for shooting your own products
- The importance of creating the right type of images
- What you can expect when working with a product photographer
- Collaborating with your website designer and photographer
- Know what lighting is available in your home and see if you need to change anything to improve it
- Make sure you can put your product in an environment that makes sense for your audience
- Don’t forget to reflect light
- If you’re looking to hire a product photographer, start researching styles that fit your brand
Connect with Crystal:
As a full time Brand and Commercial Photographer, Crystal serves the business community exclusively through styled imagery meant to boost sales, attract your ideal audience and show off all your hard work. In her 5 years of business as a Photographer she has launched a course, held 4 workshops and supported many events across the local and online community to help educate and support other ladies in business.