Manage episode 234605703 series 2286416
Episode 74 Show Notes
1. “MDW” from C90 comments on hitting gaps in ORD and MDW. Thank you, MDW!
2. JDJ explains the wingspan issues with the B747 “dash” 8! Thank you, JDJ!
3. DG from “Boeing 737 Operator” Airlines comments on being ready to go!
4. JN from “The Landline” explains his experience at various facilities.
5. PATRON “Joe the Airbus Guy” sent in a story about landing without a clearance. Thank you!
6. SP suggests playing noises to clear the path during everyday flying!
1. Controller Vlad asked about approach clearances. FAA-8083-16B (Instrument Procedures Handbook) is a great resource for all your instrument flying questions and approach clearances are covered in Chapter 3 (page 3-22). Available online in PDF format.
2. RK asked why United States’ ATIS content is so lengthy. #birds #holdshort
3. Tango Charlie asks about lightning strikes.
4. JS saved up some great questions; one of them about tracks vs. headings.
5. GWS asked why flight following isn’t always seamless between facilities.
Question of the Week/Month
RK responds to last weeks question. Thank you, RK! Old question: How has this show changed the way you view ATC? Click here to respond.
We are often asked, “How can I support the show?” In addition to rating the show on iTunes, leaving a review, or shares, likes, and retweets on social media, we have another way you can support the show. You can now support our show using Patreon or visiting our support page on the website.
Keep the feedback coming, it drives the show! Don’t be shy, use the “Send Audio to AG and RH” button on the website and record an audio message. Or you can send us comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Find us on twitter @opposing_bases.
Have a great week and thanks for listening!
81 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 66 mins duration .