Manage episode 233391748 series 1046373
Barnabas is writing a new book. Dave is helping launch a few key new titles for B&H. I'm in the midst of putting together a new book proposal for something I've wanted to write (and have been poking away at) for four-plus years. So today, we're digging deep and offering some practical advice for aspiring authors, specifically around what makes a good proposal. Listen in as we discuss:
- What are a few of the key ingredients of a good book proposal?
- Why is it helpful to have a literary agent?
- Should platforms and audiences matter when writing?
- Why are there so many how-to books on the market today?
- Would a publisher take a chance on Knowing God today?
As always, thanks to our sponsors:
- Lagares Roasters has partnered with us to make the Table of (mal)Contents blend. Pick up a bag (or 12) today.
- Gospel-Centered Discipleship, which produces resources to help make, mature, and multiply disciples of Jesus. Check out gcdiscipleship.com/books and enjoy a special discount on all ebooks by using the coupon MALCONTENT at check out.
A few of the books we discuss on today's episode:
101 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 40 mins duration .