Manage episode 222976659 series 1354907
From the slums of Port au Prince Haiti with special forces raiding a sex trafficking ring and freeing young girls to the Virgin Galactic Space Port in Mojave with Sir Richard Branson, 5-Time Emmy Award Winning Director/Producer, Nick Nanton, has become known for telling stories that connect. As co-founder of the largest personal branding agency in the world, DNA: The Dicks + Nanton Celebrity Branding Agency®, representing more than 3000 clients in 60 countries around the world, Nick has helped his clients craft their message in order to build their platform and share their unique gifts with the world. Nick's Wall Street Journal Bestseller, StorySelling, shares the secrets of how to sell without selling by simply connecting with the simple art of story. Nick has directed more than 40 documentaries garnering 18 regional Emmy nominations and 5 wins.
This show is sponsored by Experiment 27. Get the sales and service agreement (free client contract template) Experiment 27 uses to close business HERE. [$1,000 value]
In this episode you'll learn:
- [3:23] Why you don't have to be afraid of Marketing as an Artist
- [5:00] How the business world helped Nick to dive deeper into the art that he loves
- [5:56] How Nick took his skills from the Art world and applied them to the Business world
- [6:30] The sweet spot between the Art and Business worlds
- [7:49] The mindset shift of comparing oneself with the International artists
- [11:03] Story behind Nick's very first documentary
- [12:02] How his first documentary led to him making Business documentaries
- [13:10] "Doing things in a friction-free manner"
- [15:40] How Nick gets celebrities onboard for his movies
- [20:34] How investment in movies is not a financial investment
- [23:38] What happened during Nick's break between 2008-2010
- [24:26] Dan Sullivan's idea of 'Unique Ability'
- [26:29] Seeking control vs Seeking freedom
- Follow Nick on Twitter @nicknanton
- Story Selling by Nick Nanton & J. W. Dicks
- Books Mentioned- The War of Art by Steven Pressield & Da Vinci and the 40 Answers by Mark Fox
- 'In Case You Didn't Know' with Nick Nanton
If you’ve enjoyed the episode, please subscribe to The Alex Berman Podcast on iTunes and leave us a 5-star review.
Get access to our FREE Sales Courses.