From Serving Beer in Hell to Psychedelic Healing - The Power of MDMA for Mental and Spiritual Growth with Tucker Max
Manage episode 348407736 series 3413542
Tucker Max is an author, entrepreneur, psychedelic advocate, father & husband. He has written four New York Times Best Selling books (three that hit #1), which have sold over 4.5 million copies worldwide. His most noteworthy book, I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell, is an of autobiography of short stories about sex and drinking adventures, that was published in 2006. Since then Tucker encountered a revolutionary experience with MDMA therapy & champions the use of various psychedelics for trauma related treatment. Tucker currently lives in Texas with his wife & four children.
Curious about Soul? Follow this link to the website & use code, "TBM" for 20% off the entire shop!
Come say hi on social!
What was discussed
- How MDMA changed Tucker Max’s life forever.
- Using psychedelics as medicine to process trauma.
- Most people subconsciously run from trauma - learning how to face it head on.
- Expanding your mind vs Emotional healing - which is right for you?
- Psychotic breaks can happen: how to avoid them when using psychedelics.
- Understanding the true power of thoughts: using it as a tool to affect your well being.
(0:00) The goal of using Psychedelics as medicine.
(3:32) “Doing the Work” - Emotionally healing & dealing with past trauma.
(10:23) Tucker’s LIFE CHANGING experience with Psychedelics.
(30:08) Tucker’s experience processing grief and childhood trauma with Psychedelics.
(38:50) Mike’s experience with psychedelics.
(41:43) How psychedelic medicines helped Tucker as a father.
(43:31) What really is MDMA?
(46:16) Mind Expansion vs Emotional Healing
(54:35) Psychotic Breaks: Dangers of Psychedelics
(1:00:40) Beginning your plant medicine healing journey.
- Subtopic: Legalization of Psychedelic medicine.
- Book mentioned: A Dose of Hope: A Story of MDMA-Assisted Psychotherapy by Alex Young & Dan Engle
(1:12:22) Sassafras vs MDMA: does natural always mean better?
(1:15:17) Don’t take MDMA if you’re taking this medicine…
(1:18:25) Why the ‘No Pain No Gain’ mentality is harmful
- Subtopic: Tucker’s opinion on micro-dosing
(1:23:58) Why MDMA is the best psychedelic medicine for healing.
(1:30:42) Post-trip Protocol: Navigating the come down & why spacing your trips is crucial
(1:39:30) Is MDMA right for couple’s as a therapy tool?
(1:41:26) The Best Medicine to Tucker Max
(1:44:31) Closing Thoughts
A Dose of Hope: A Story of MDMA-Assisted Psychotherapy by Alex Young & Dan Engle
I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell by Tucker Max