Archived series ("Inactive feed" status)
When? This feed was archived on August 01, 2022 19:03 (). Last successful fetch was on October 14, 2021 03:26 ()
Why? Inactive feed status. Our servers were unable to retrieve a valid podcast feed for a sustained period.
What now? You might be able to find a more up-to-date version using the search function. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 218512009 series 1516809
Join Dan (@drusyniak) &Howard (@heshiegreshie) as they chat with Dr. Steve Aks as they talk about one of the more concerning toxicologic outbreaks in recent memory - the exposure to brodifacoum through synthetic cannabinoid use. Although still ongoing, this crisis highlights the importance of teamwork and collaboration.Delicious Links
- From the Department of Health in Illinois - synthetic cannabinoids.
- A brief discussion of this very topic from Leon Gussow.
- Not the first problem associated with the synthetic cannabinoids. From the archive, Zombie Day in NYC.
- The emerging threat of superwarfarins: history, detection, mechanisms, and countermeasures.
- A case of brodifacoum intoxication with marijuana smoking.
- And if that wasn’t good enough, a case of severe coagulopathy as a consequence of smoking crack cocaine laced with rodenticide.
- Why is vitamin K so expensive? Rattled by drug price increases, hospitals seek ways to stay on guard.
- Why don’t we worry about kids with unintentional exposures to brodifacoum?
- From the Illinois Poison Center on the dangers of “Fake Weed” on NPR.
- Who was Wally Pipp? Why is Steve the “Wally Pipp” of the Dantastic Tox? That’s an answer for over a few drinks . . .
- Where have you gone, McGruff the Crime Dog?
Thank you for your continued support. As always, we are looking for feedback - comments, questions, suggestions, recipes, etc. Let us know. Reach us at @toxandhound. We want to hear from you!
Interested in #FOAMtox? Like this podcast? Take a gander at The Tox and The Hound. It’s like a podcast, but for your eyes.