58: Fall in Love With Reading | Emily Moberly | Traveling Stories | IDW | Wynonna Earp | San Diego Comic Con
Manage episode 180944059 series 1273036
Emily Moberly is the founder and CEO of Traveling Stories, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to helping kids fall in love with reading by the 4th grade. Since 2010 Emily and her team have established eight international libraries and six StoryTent literacy programs in Southern California. More than 6,400 children improve their reading skills through Traveling Stories programs each year. For her work with Traveling Stories, Emily was named one of the “Top 10 Female Entrepreneurs to Watch in San Diego” by Forbes Magazine; Microsoft featured her in their Do More campaign; 10 News and LEAD San Diego awarded her a Leadership Award and in 2015, San Diego Magazine named her a finalist for the San Diego Woman of the Year award. In addition, the San Diego Business Journal named her a finalist for the Women Who Mean Business Awards in 2012 and 2015.In This Episode
- Welcome, Emily!
- A little on Emily, her background, her passion
- Involvement with San Diego Comic Con
- SWEEPSTAKES!!! Check out the link below
- Book Bucks
- Developing Traveling Stories and making it successful was not a SOLO adventure
- Saying YES to every speaking event
- Maintaining a child-like attitude, having an adult-like responsibility
99 episodes available. A new episode about every 4 days averaging 42 mins duration .