Manage episode 246652273 series 2312415
As networks and studios look to diversify their writers rooms through non-traditional routes, playwrights have quickly become some of TV’s top staffing contenders and most influential showrunners. Hear from several writers who made the jump from the theater to the writers room as they discuss what drew them to television, the unique challenges of writing for both stage and screen, and what this trend means both industries moving forward.
- Tanya Saracho (Creator/Executive Producer, Vida)
- Rachel Rusch (Senior Vice President, Television, Bad Robot)
- Beau Willimon (Creator/Writer/Executive Producer, The First)
- Alexander Woo (Co-Creator/Showrunner/Executive Producer, The Terror)
Moderator: Ben Travers (IndieWire)
DISCOUNT for Podcast Listeners:
Get 15% OFF of your Season 9 (June 4-7) Badge using the promo code: TVCF2020.
Go to ATXFestival.com/Buy-A-Badge and follow links to purchase!
For details on THE PITCH COMPETITION, please visit: atxfestival.com/pitch
WHERE TO FIND US
- FOLLOW us at @ATXFestival on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, and let us know your thoughts on this episode (or any episode!) using #TheTVCampfire!
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel to watch full panels (like this one) and Q&As from Season 8 and past festivals!
- BUY A BADGE at atxfestival.com/buy-a-badge and join us next June for ATX Season 9 (June 4-7, 2020)!
Episode produced by: Caitlin McFarland, Emily Gipson, AJ Meyers, and audio partner Five Ohm Productions.