Manage episode 184426795 series 1302069
Advocacy, Blind, Visually Impaired, Challenges, Attitude
On this episode, we are thrilled to interview two members of the California Council of the Blind. Judy Wilkinson is the President of the Council, and she has a passion for helping its members become healthier. Sarah Harris is a Council Board Member, and you will be touched by her story of resilience after a traumatic car accident that left her blind. Sarah is also embarking on the Project Athena Cove to Harbor adventure in September with her daughter. You’ll be inspired as you learn what it’s like to be visually impaired, and how you can embrace challenges in your own life.
- The story of Sarah’s car accident that left her blind.
- How the Council helps its members, and the initiatives they have in place.
- Information about different types of blindness.
- Why Sarah decided to get involved with Project Athena.
- The value of physical challenges and how it helps you overcome other challenges.
- Sarah and Judy’s advice for helping people move forward and embrace new challenges.
Click to Tweet
- You can’t control what happens to you in life, but you can control how you view what happens to you in life. #attitude
- It’s not what you were dealt, it’s how you deal with what you’re dealt. #attitude
- On this episode, two members of the CA Council of the Blind share how to move forward and embrace new #challenges.
Interview Links & Other Resources
63 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 39 mins duration .