Manage episode 212634286 series 1402029
We should make products useful, no doubt. But what if we could also make them addictive — so that the customers keep coming back? Our guest today is Jeff Davidson, a solo product designer and writer. You'll learn key psychological principles behind popular apps, why making a product addictive should never be a goal by itself, and how to design product features that satisfy the user's seeking system.
- How to Design an Addictive Product — Jeff's article
- Ivan Pavlov, Sigmund Freud, Harry Harlow, Abraham Maslow — some of the famous psychologists Jeff mentions
- Thinking, Fast and Slow — a book by Daniel Kahneman
- Intrinsic motivation, Maslow's hierarchy of needs — Wikipedia definitions
- The Power of Habit — a book by Charles Duhigg
- Reddit, Product Hunt, Hacker News, Designer News — popular websites with a content voting system
- Jeff's consulting website
- Follow Jeff on Medium
- Follow Jeff on Twitter: @jeffdavidsond
This episode is brought to you by Userlist.io. This new tool helps SaaS founders get a better understanding of each individual user journey, and send users relevant behavior-based email. To learn more, join the waiting list at userlist.io.
Interested in sponsoring an episode? Learn more here.
Leave a Review
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here's how.
142 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 39 mins duration .