Manage episode 206414733 series 1927887
Jimmy Sides was serving the United States in the Marine Corps in Afghanistan when a bomb exploded and left him without his right arm and without vision in his left eye. This led him to find a new way to serve his country and he eventually became a Paralympic Snowboarder for the United States in South Korea in 2018. In this episode:
- What is it like to be an Explosive Ordinance Disposal Technician?
- The bomb exploded - now what?
- Deciding to amputate another part of your arm
- Picking up everything you own, moving to another state, and chasing your dream
- Making the Olympic team and what that challenge is like
You can follow Jimmy on Instagram @jimmstagram66
70 episodes available. A new episode about every 9 days averaging 51 mins duration .