Manage episode 158481858 series 1002041
Family nutritionist, Sofia Sanchez, gives great insight to the importance of nutrition and basic tips that families can do to live a more healthy lifestyle.
Things you will learn in this episode:
- Nutrition is the digestion of food down to it’s natural components and how it impacts the body. Age, culture, and many factors contribute to an individual’s nutrition and health.
- Eating habits developed as a child can carry on throughout his/her life and it is important to continue introducing new food. Even as early as conception, children develop these eating habits and preferences.
- A professional nutrition exam may be very costly but there are simple at home questions to know if you and your family needs to switch your habits. Try looking at the quality and quantity of the food you are consuming.
- Many people believe that certain foods are associated with weight loss/gain, such as gluten.This can be an issue with people fluctuating their diet too much to accommodate for these myths.
- Although everyone is different, things like eating vegetables with range of colors, is something anyone can do. Contrast to popular opinion, there are affordable options and resources to help.