Manage episode 203106674 series 1390933
How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? The fountain of youth is found between your ears. In this episode, I would like to talk about brain tips based on Dr. Daniel Amen’s book, “Use Your Brain to Change Your Age.” We all want a brain that’s healthy and agile. In this book, I dedicated a chapter on lifelong learning and how to use that to keep your brain young, agile, and adaptable. We can keep our brain young by developing new connection through novelty and nutrition. And in this episode, I want to talk about some of the exercises you can do to create more connections in your brain. 20 Tips to help you become a lifelong learner:
- Find your motivation to learn something new.
- Read books, not just articles and emails.
- Turn your car into University on wheels.
- Stop telling yourself you have a poor memory.
- Don’t let school get in the way of your education.
- Use your creativity to memorize a list.
- Remember names.
- Use a visual pacer to read.
- Sharpen your brain during leisure time.
- Try something new.
- Teach to someone else.
- Take notes.
- Be curious.
- Ask yourself, “How am I smart?”
- Find your learning style..
- Don’t stop challenging your brain.
- Boost your pre-frontal cortex by setting goals.
- Boost your brain’s flexibility by reflecting.
- Get enough rest.
You can pick 2 or 3 new activities from this list to add to your day. Which ones are you going to incorporate? Cheers to your ageless brain! Do you want to stay up to date with every new episode and get my brand new Kwik brain Accelerator Program? Go to www.KwikBrain.com/podcast to get instant access.
90 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 17 mins duration .