Manage episode 341676865 series 2394211
Zach Fugman is a Houston-based apartment syndicator who got his start in commercial real estate by joining a syndication education and coaching group called Lifestyles Unlimited. Today, he is the owner of A-Strategy Management, serving as a GP of 1,700+ units, key principal of 1,100+ units, and LP of 400+ units.
Zach is the owner of A-Strategy Management, which syndicates apartment deals. His portfolio consists of thousands of units as a GP, KP, and LP in the Cincinnati area, Mississippi, Atlanta, and Houston.
We talked to Zach about the importance of networking and credibility, the benefits of avoiding competition, and the various markets he prefers to invest in.
Announcement: Download Our Sample Deal and Join Our Mailing List
[00:01 – 06:07] Opening Segment
- Zach talks about his background;
- He talks about how he got into real estate investing;
- He talks about some of the deals they did across the country.
[06:07 – 17:05] Patience and Perseverance
- Zach talks about his early days;
- The importance of credibility;
- The importance of knowing the market you’ll invest in;
- Three ways to protect your investors;
- Some of Zach’s core tenants to invest in a property;
[17:05 – 30:21] Networking and Selecting Markets
- What you can get out of events and conferences;
- How to select your markets;
- Zach talks about the markets he invests in;
- The importance of figuring out how to avoid competition;
[30:21 – 34:42] Round of Insights
Most Recommended Book:
#1 Insight for Investing
Be aggressive in networking.
Best Place to Grab a Bite in Houston:
“In the past few years it looked like you could do no wrong but clearly some people have” - Zach Fugman
Thank you for joining us for another great episode! If you're enjoying the show, please LEAVE A RATING OR REVIEW, and be sure to hit that subscribe button so you do not miss an episode.