Manage episode 225019021 series 1912373
Christine Hamilton took her first puff at age 13, and was a pack-a-day smoker by the time she was 17. Some family members warned her about the dangers of smoking, but Christine responded with the language she’d picked up from the relatives who smoked: “We all gotta die from something.”
By the time she married a non-smoker, however, reasons to quit were starting to pile up. In this episode, Christine talks about the steps she took to quit smoking once and for all.
And nutrition contributor Michelle Jaelin joins the podcast to talk about three nutrition myths she wants to see busted in 2019.
Feedback / Connect:
- Subscribe to My Instruction Manual on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify and anywhere else great podcast are found
- Visit MyInstructionManual.com for shownotes, more great content and to sign up the email newsletter
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Keith on Twitter: @KeithMcArthur
- Join our Facebook page and our Self-Help Book Club on Facebook
- Find us on Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube
- Download a free copy of 18 Steps to Own Your Life by clicking HERE
- Purchase Winning Resolutions HERE
Christine Hamilton lives in western Tennessee. Her successful resolution to quit smoking is featured in my new book Winning Resolutions.
In this conversation, Keith and Christine discuss:
- Growing up surrounded by smokers [2:45]
- Why Christine finally decided to quit smoking [5:20]
- Christine's final cigarette [10:15]
- Why Christine decided to blog about her effort to quit smoking [11:30]
- Christine's advice for people trying to quit smoking [18:15]
Michelle Jaelin is both a trained artist and a Registered Dietitian who is known as The NutritionArtist. She appears regularly as in newspapers, magazines and on television as an expert in healthy eating.
In this conversation, Keith and Michelle discuss:
64 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 35 mins duration .