Manage episode 275043164 series 2797941
If you want your business to land press, you MUST have professional pictures of your services or products! This is a basic rule for today’s guest, Bernadette Marciniak, a Los Angeles-based brand photographer for entrepreneurs and companies. A former New Jersey journalist, video journalist, and publicist, Bernadette spent a decade becoming a fixture in the communities she covered, focusing on amplifying the message of those who made a difference. Today, she creates powerful imagery, videos, and designs for business owners that help tell their story in a captivating and cohesive way.
- Bernadette’s journey from starting out her work experience as a reporter, then transitioning to video journalism and finally becoming a brand photographer in LA
- Most people don’t know what a video journalist is, so Bernadette explains how her day to day routine used to look like and what role she had in the media industry
- When being on the other side of the e-mail, Bernadette describes what kind of pitches were used to get her attention and stand out from the crowd
- The importance of sending a complete B-roll when pitching: this additional footage helps your story to be illustrated clearly!
- Photos are a huge component of being “press ready” so Bernadette shares some advice on which kind of pictures should always be present for a brand to look professional.
- Bernadette’s do’s and don’ts for appearing great on camera when having a business or professional photoshoot
- Batch Planning as a great way to show consistency and to focus on your business’s message
To learn more about Bernadette, make sure to check out her website or follow her on Instagram
Interested in learning more about Pitchin’? Follow me on Instagram or book a Free Mini PR Strategy Call Here.