Manage episode 226147192 series 2394558
Welcome to episode 108 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I am delighted to welcome back Dr. Patti Britton who speaks to me this time about toxic shame; why are there so many people struggling with this issue? The methods she uses to help overcome toxic shame and working towards sexual self-realization.
Dr. Patti Britton is a Clinical Sexologist, Sexuality Educator and the Pioneer of Sex Coaching with top level credentials. As a well-respected world leader in sexology, she is an academic, author of 5 books, popular speaker, trainer and workshop leader, and host of over 40 DVDs for couples’ sexual enhancement.
She is a frequent guest on expert summits, national television shows, documentaries, live talk and news radio, and is quoted in magazines, such as Cosmopolitan, Men’s Health, Women’s Health. She has a private practice in Los Angeles area and via Skype globally.
Dr. Patti is the Co-Founder of SexCoachU - the world’s premier credentialing and training organization for sex coaching with students in 65 countries and live training events in Europe and USA. With her late partner, Robert Dunlap, she hosted ground-breaking weekly radio podcasts on happy aging, which are archived at https://theboomdoctors.com
In this episode, you will hear:
- Why are so many people struggling with sexual shame?
- How many people have leftover issues from childhood around this issue
- Methods and ways Dr. Patti uses to help remove toxic shame
- The importance of focusing on both the psychological and physiological aspects of sexual shame
- How toxic shame is systemic and endemic
- The benefits of SAR training - Sexual Attitude Reassessment and Restructuring
- The stigma and shame that still surrounds alternative sexualities
- Working towards sexual self-realization
Episode 14 with Dr. Patti - http://www.sexologypodcast.com/2017/04/11/sexual-empowerment-with-dr-patti-britton/
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio
137 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 35 mins duration .