Manage episode 225058306 series 1863886
Hoo-ga? Hue-guh? However you pronounce it, hygge is big right now! And it makes sense: this time of year, we could all use a bit more comfort, coziness, and cuddly contentment as we contemplate the context of our current collective consciousness! . . . Or, uh, just have a nice way to find some warmth in the wintertime. But, how to make your hygge herbal? Listen & learn!
Herbs discussed include solomon’s seal, ginger, meadowsweet, self-heal, licorice, kelp, chamomile, elderflower, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom; and our wedding tea: tulsi, betony, rose, violet, & spearmint.
Mentioned in this podcast:
- 12 Minute Yoga In Bed to Unwind – need some gentle movement? Start here!
- Herbal Medicine for Beginners, our book!
- The Holistic Herbalism Podcast, episode 59: Solstice
- Southern Folk Medicine, by Phyllis Light
- Phytochemistry and Pharmacy for Practitioners of Botanical Medicine, by Eric Yarnell
- Behave: The Biology Of Humans At Our Best And Worst, by Robert Sapolsky
- Other Minds: The Octopus, the Sea, and the Deep Origins of Consciousness, by Peter Godfrey-Smith
- The Holistic Herbalism Podcast, episode 48: Pumpkin Spice
Herbalism 101: Learn Your Herbs & Make Your Medicines – if you’re not sure where to start in learning herbalism, look no further! Get familiar with more than 85 herbs and learn how to make them into simple – but powerful – home remedies. Start today and take advantage of our 14-day, no-questions-asked, zero-risk return policy!
87 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 57 mins duration .