Episode #392 Part I: Superman Family Comic Book Cover Dated February 1966: World's Finest Comics #155!
Manage episode 261826479 series 10066
|World's Finest Comics 155, February 1966!|
Download Episode 392 Part 1!
WORLD'S FINEST COMICS 155, February 1966, was published on December 9, 1965. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 12¢. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan, inked by George Klein and lettered by Ira Schnapp.
This issue is a special one in my personal comic book collection, because it was the first comic book that I have any memory of my Dad buying for me.
- (5:44) After sharing a comment posted at the end of last week's episode, I review a recent book I read, TERRYTOONS: THE STORY OF PAUL TERRY AND HIS CLASSIC CARTOON FACTORY.
- (7:43) MY PULL LIST segment, where I review the comic books I read which carried the November 2019 cover date, that were released during the month of September and I received from Discount Comic Book Service.
- (15:23) EXIT BATMAN - ENTER NIGHTMAN (18 pgs.), written by Edmond Hamilton, pencilled by Curt Swan, inked by George Klein and lettered by Milt Snappin. Part I was seven pages long, titled THE 1,000th EXPLOIT OF SUPERMAN AND BATMAN.
- (29:45) PART II: THE INCREDIBLE IDENTITY OF NIGHTMAN (11 pgs).
- (56:11) CAPE AND COWL COMMENTS letter column.
- (1:10:51) THE MASK OF FEAR (6 pgs.), writer unknown, was drawn by Ruben Moriera, who signed his name in the title panel. It was originally published as the fourth and final story in HOUSE OF SECRETS 2, January/February 1957, released on November 29, 1956. This story was featured on the cover.
Also highlighted in this episode are the issue's ads and other features.
Next Episodes: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED FEBRUARY 1966: PART II: SUPERMAN 184, PART III: ACTION COMICS 333 & PART IV: SUPERMAN'S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 63!
Then we will feature: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED MARCH 1966: PART I: SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 91, PART II: ACTION COMICS 334 (80 Pg. Giant), PART III: WORLD'S FINEST COMICS 156 & PART IV: ACTION COMICS 335!
The home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to email@example.com.You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST Group or Page on facebook, and follow the podcast on twitter @supermanpodcast. You can also keep track of the podcast on Tumblr, Medium, Flipboard, the Internet Archive, tunein, Stitcher and Instagram.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of:
- The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS and