Manage episode 174923630 series 1302069
Running, Marathons, Cancer, Advocate, Survivor
On this episode, we interview BethAnn Telford, an endurance athlete, advocate, and brain cancer survivor. Over a decade ago, BethAnn received the horrible news that she had brain cancer. But rather than giving up hope, she has used her endurance abilities to create awareness and raise money for cancer research (with the majority benefiting pediatric cancer). BethAnn shares her amazing story of survival, as well as her incredible journey of completing the World Marathon Challenge: 7 marathons on 7 continents in 7 days.
- BethAnn’s journey to becoming an advocate for pediatric cancer.
- How she discovered she had brain cancer and decided the best way to raise funds for research.
- How the World Marathon Challenge began, how it works, why it begins in Antarctica, and how BethAnn decided to compete in it.
- An amazing story of an explorer who skied with BethAnn on the Antarctic leg of the World Marathon Challenge … all while she ran in -20 degree weather in knee-deep snow.
- What her luggage for the marathon looked like, and what it was like to come home after the marathon.
- What you can do to help someone, even if it’s starting small.
Click to Tweet
- Learn how @Telford_WMCabc2 uses her “disability with an ability” to fight pediatric cancer.
- Discover how one marathoner is raising awareness for pediatric #cancer through #running. @Telford_WMCabc2
- How do you run in 7 marathons on 7 continents in 7 days? Find out on this episode. @Telford_WMCabc2
Interview Links & Other Resources
63 episodes available. A new episode about every 8 days averaging 39 mins duration .