Manage episode 246212433 series 1918426
- The ubiquitous theme-park caricature
- The International Society of Caricature Artists convention
- Tom's technique for capturing a face
- "That doesn't look like me!"
- Where do beginners go wrong?
- Has the homogenization of Hollywood hurt caricature?
- How to improve your caricatures
- When your imagination exceeds your abilities
- How to avoid zooming in too closely on digital art
- How to you encourage people to create comics?
BUT FIRST... Dave tells a story about picnicking in Ireland
Special Offer! If you become a Patreon backer at the $5 level or higher before Thanksgiving, you'll get both "How To Make Webcomics" and "The Webcomics Handbook" as easily downloaded eBooks! Plus, you'll get a new episode of Drunk ComicLab — which will be available only on Patreon!
Find out when Tom Richmond will be doing a caricature workshop in your area. And check out Tom's books:
You get great rewards when you support ComicLab on Patreon
- $2 — Early access to episodes
- $5 — Submit a question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
- $10 — Record an audio question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast
- $50 — Sponsor the show! We’ll read a brief promo for your comic/product and read it twice during the show AND you get the exclusive ProTips podcast
Listen to ComicLab on...