Manage episode 248387829 series 2438093
For more than four decades, Ana Forrest (@forrestyoga) has been bringing her particular brand of Fierce Medicine to the Yoga world. An internationally-recognized pioneer in Yoga and emotional healing, Ana created Forrest Yoga while working through healing from her own life’s trauma and experience. Jose Calarco, her co-director of Forrest Yoga, also comes from a long history with Shamanism and healing – just in a different sphere – that of music and the performing arts. Forrest Yoga is renowned as a powerfully physical, internally-focused practice that emphasizes how to carry a transformative experience off the mat and into daily life.
In this episode, you’ll hear from Ana and Jose on:
- [09.55] Walking through the fear and trauma. Ana and Jose discuss their approach to overcoming fear and self-doubt by using their energy and experience to deepen their wisdom, quieten their minds and make courageous choices.
- [20.26] The principles and purpose of Forrest Yoga. Jose explains that their mission is to heal themselves, heal the planet and heal the people. Their unique method encourages intense self-inquiry and is informed by the wisdom of Native American and Australian Aboriginal cultures.
- [26.04] Ceremonies and sacred song. The couple describe their classes as spiritual gatherings, full of atmosphere and adventure, and focused on strengthening the connection between body and spirit.
- [33.35] Conscious eating. Jose and Ana actively promote the benefits of a plant-based diet and encourage others to consider veganism as a healthy, ethical and compassionate way of life.
- [43.30] The power of the arts. Students of Forrest Yoga are invited to sing, play instruments and take part in storytelling in order to stimulate their creativity and engage in a sublime spiritual experience.
- Visit henryyoga.com to learn how to level up your yoga practice in just 40 days.
- Follow @henryyoga.app on Instagram
- Check out https://yogaeastaustin.com/benjamin/ to learn more about Benjamin Sears’ 20 hour training immersion from February 7-9th. Make sure to use code “HENRYWINS” on checkout to receive 15% off.
- Veronica Lombo and I are going on a tour through Europe beginning in January. You can check out all the details at https://henrywins.com/events/
Links from this episode:
- Grab a copy of Ana and Jose’s recommended books:
- Fierce Medicine: Breakthrough Practices to Heal the Body and Ignite the Spirit by Ana Forrest
- Initiation by Elisabeth Haich
- Black Elk Speaks by John G. Neihardt
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Looking for your next book to read? Check out the list of every book recommended on Dharma Talk
- Lost Paradise festival
- Benjamin Sears previous appearance Dharma Talk Episode 17
Get in touch with Ana & Jose:
- Follow @forrestyoga & @josecalarco on Instagram
- Visit https://www.forrestyoga.com
- Check out Forrest Yoga & Jose Calarco on Facebook
- Subscribe to Forrest Yoga & Jose Calarco on Youtube
- Listen to Jose Calarco’s album Cornucopia and single Love on iTunes and Spotify
Support the Podcast:
- If you find this podcast valuable you can support it directly by visiting: henrywins.com/donate