Manage episode 230507675 series 1337812
Welcome to episode 117 of the Sexology Podcast! Today I am delighted to welcome Dr. Lonnie Barbach to the podcast. In this conversation, Dr. Lonnie speaks to me about how to please your lover, the barriers that might get in the way of meeting a partner's sexual needs, the importance of compatibility and chemistry and restoring intimacy.
Dr. Lonnie Barbach, a clinical-social psychologist, was co-director of clinical training at the sex advisory and counseling unit at UCSF and is currently in private practice. She has received numerous awards for her work on sexuality and has written a dozen books on relationships, sexuality and menopause in addition to a number of video tapes and audio tapes. Her best known books include:
For Yourself, For Each Other, Pleasures, The Erotic Edge, The Pause and Going the Distance, co-authored with her partner, David Geisinger, Ph.D. She is also cofounder of Happy Couple a relationship game app designed to enhance a couple’s communication and satisfaction.
In this episode, you will hear:
- The barriers that might get in the way of meeting a partner's sexual needs
- How there is an expectation for us to be mind readers when it comes to sex
- The way in which our sexual interests evolve over time
- The importance of compatibility and chemistry
- Maintaining a willingness to explore new things and keep things interesting
- Making sure to create time for sex and not just when you’re tired
- Can intimacy be restored if it’s been lost?
- Understanding that it’s to create a schedule for sex
- Being open your partners erotic template
Podcast Produced by Pete Bailey - http://petebailey.net/audio
133 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 35 mins duration .