Manage episode 234294139 series 2504907
TMWT Episode 010: Addiction Part 1
Welcome to Thoughtful Mind with Tzvi: Personal Growth, Mental Health, and Interesting Ideas. We're a podcast where we explore ways we can heal from the past, grow in positivity in the future, and find some food for thought along the journey.
In this week's episode, we answer a voicemail question about addiction and externalization, explore the basis of 12 Step Programs such as Alcoholics Anonymous, and discuss the disease model of addition. We also talk about our first giveaway.
“Many of us felt that we had plenty of character. There was a tremendous urge to cease forever. Yet we found it impossible. This is the baffling feature of alcoholism as we know it – this utter inability to leave it alone, no matter how great the necessity or the wish.” - The Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous
In this episode of Thoughtful Mind with Tzvi:
- What is the reason the medical field views addiction as a disease?
- How Tzvi changed his professional opinion regarding 12 Step Programs
- Why does Externalization reveal a person's inner light?
- Where might willpower end addiction?
- Who is responsible for an addict's recovery?
- When would an abstinence or moderation model work best?
- A more in depth article about abstinence vs. moderation can be found here
Connect with Tzvi:
Thanks for tuning in!
Thanks for joining us on today’s episode of the Thoughtful Mind with Tzvi! If you enjoyed today’s episode, please head over to iTunes and rate and review to help us reach even more listeners interested in personal growth. Don’t forget to check out our website to stay up-to-date on what’s in store!
18 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 23 mins duration .