Manage episode 273801857 series 2624494
In this episode, we will dive into my top four boundary rules that will help you have success. All of us could use better boundaries. We can use these boundaries with our children, our in-laws, our spouse, and our co-workers. Boundaries are an essential component of our happiness and joy. Lacking boundaries is a sure-fire way to feel miserable and like a doormat.
First, why do boundaries fail? They fail when we are scared to speak our truth because it is controversial to other people. Eventually, someone will cross the line one too many times. That explosion is guaranteed conflict, hurt, and anger. Instead, create healthy boundaries in your relationships.
The four boundary rules:
- A request versus a command
Tune in as we dissect all the boundary rules, how to implement them, and the importance of rehearsing your boundary conversations.
In this Episode:
- [ 4:30 ] What’s worse than finding a worm in your apple?
- [ 4:55 ] Why boundaries often fail
- [ 10:20 ] Breaking the four boundary rules down
Joy Filling Quotes:
- “Forgiveness is the gateway for having successful boundaries.”
- “If you can’t be kind and unemotional, then you’ve been pushed too far.”
- “If emotions are attached, then confrontation is guaranteed.”
- “Without clarity, it will be easy for us to blame and shame.”
- “Clarity has to come after we process our emotions.”
5 Day Triple Your Joy Challenge: www.rebelsforjoy.com/free
Facebook Group www.facebook.com/groups/rebelsforjoy