Manage episode 235333507 series 98928
If you’ve ever wanted to be sharper, more creative and more satisfied with your life, then do we have the Tinker Dabble Doodle Try show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Dr. Sirini Pillay, a Harvard trained practicing psychiatrist, brain imaging researcher, brain based technology innovator, the award winning author of Life Unlocked and the author of a MUST READ new book – particularly if you’ll ever have kids Tinker Dabble Doodle Try!
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about unlocking the power of the UNFOCUSED MIND.
- Did Dr. Pillay, a Harvard trained practicing psychiatrist have a focused mind growing up?
- How’d he go from South Africa to Harvard?
- How’d he end up calling Harvard Medical School – and what happened.
- What happened to Dr. Pillay in his 2nd year in med school?
- What did he have to change and what did he begin to learn?
- What does it mean to be unfocused?
- Why is there such a negative connotation?
- What’s the cult of focus, and what’s wrong with it?
- What’s wrong with hyperfocusing?
- How does unfocusing reduce amygdala activation and create calmness?
- What’s cognitive rhythm?
- What’s the DMN or Do Moslyt Nothing Circuit?
- What’s the importance of uncertainty and the brain?
- What are signs of a jammed up brain???
- What are a few of the roads to getting unfocused?
- What’s the importance of mind-wandering?
- What’s the importance of day-dreaming?
- What’s the importance of self-talk?
- How do we build unfocus time into our days?
- Why do we want to embrace chaos?
- What in the world is the psychological halloweener?
- What is brightworks school?
- What in the world does breaking chairs have to do with anything?
- What do we need to know about learning for our kids?
- What’s the importance of self-forgiveness?
- Whats’ the importance of being light?
- What does consciousness have to do with anything?
- To Find Out More Visit: DrSriniPillay.com
Harvard’s Dr. Srini Pillay On The Power of the Unfocused Mind & How to Use it for Greatness!!! Health | Brain | Neuroscience | Motivation | Spiritual | Spirituality | Meditation | Inspirational | Motivational | Self-Improvement | Self-Help | Inspire
For More Info Visit: www.InspireNationShow.com
1280 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 65 mins duration .