Manage episode 275615225 series 31584
Welcome to another edition of Roll On—my bi-monthly deep dive into (semi) current events, topics of audience interest, and of course answers to your questions.
Commanding co-host duties as always is my hype man Adam Skolnick, an activist and veteran journalist perhaps best known as David Goggins’ Can’t Hurt Me co-author. Adam has written about adventure sports, environmental issues and civil rights for outlets such as The New York Times, Outside, ESPN, BBC, and Men’s Health. He is the author of One Breath and is currently hard at work on a novel.
Some of the many topics explored in today’s conversation include:
• The impending U.S. presidential election;
• how the coast of Los Angeles was once a legal dumping ground for DDT, and the implications of this oceanic pollution;
• the documentary ‘The Perfect Weapon’ and the rise of cyber warfare;
• Nina Schick and her investigation into the world of Deepfakes;
• thoughts on sustainability, stability, and the power of community;
• and Rich's newest offering, 'Voicing Change’.
In addition, we answer the following listener questions:
- How do you manage burnout?
- How do you live in alignment with your values?
- How do you navigate body dysmorphia and eating disorders as a man?
Thank you to Randall from Nebraska, Robel from Montana, and Evan from Fullerton, CA for your questions. If you want your query discussed, drop it on our Facebook Page, or better yet leave a voicemail at (424) 235-4626.
Peace + Plants,
Listen, Watch & Subscribe
Thanks to this week’s sponsors
Daily Harvest: Daily Harvest makes it easy to eat more fruits and vegetables with thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted foods that are ready in five minutes or less. Go to dailyharvest.com and enter promo code richroll to get $25 off your first box.
Native: Safe, effective protection against odor & wetness. For both men & women, Native is deodorant that isn’t a chemistry experiment–no aluminum, parabens, phthalates or talc. All ingredients are non-toxic and it lasts all day. For 20% off your first purchase, visit NativeDeo.com/roll and use promo code roll during checkout!
Stride Health: The first health insurance recommendation engine tuned & tailored to the life of the individual. Find the perfect health plan for you. Enrollment begins November 1st and ends December 15th, so it’s time for you to get covered with the right plan. Just go to stridehealth.com/richroll It’s easy coverage in 10 minutes or less, built just for people like us.
- Connect With Adam: Website | Instagram | Twitter
- Adam’s Books: Can’t Hurt Me | One Breath
- YouTube: Powers of Ten™ (1977)
- LA Times: How the waters off Catalina became a DDT dumping ground
- The Guardian: Alarm as Arctic sea ice not yet freezing at latest date on record
- New York Times: A Teacher, His Killer and the Failure of French Integration
- HBO: The Perfect Weapon
- Sam Harris: The Information Apocalypse
- Nina Schick: Deepfakes
- Book: Deepfakes: The Coming Infocalypse
- Book: Silent Spring
- David Goggins: Clothing
- Project Drawdown: Solutions
- RRP #355: Dotsie Bausch: From Eating Disorder to Olympic Glory
- RRP #475: Amelia Boone Is A Human being (And A Badass)
I'm proud to announce my new book 'Voicing Change'. To learn more & pre-order now, visit, richroll.com/vc
HOW CAN I SUPPORT THE PODCAST?
Tell Your Friends & Share Online!
Donate: Check out our Patreon account
Support The Sponsors: One of the best ways to support the podcast is to support our sponsors. For a complete list of all RRP sponsors and their respective vanity url's and discount codes, visit my Resources page and click "Sponsors".
Thanks to Jason Camiolo for production, audio engineering and show notes; Margo Lubin and Blake Curtis for video, editing and graphics; portraits by Ali Rogers; and theme music by Tyler Piatt. Trapper Piatt & Hari Mathis.
*Disclosure: Books and products denoted with an asterisk are hyperlinked to an affiliate program. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.