Manage episode 230676966 series 1432966
Have you ever wondered why some victims of sexual abuse keep silent?
The worldwide percentage of people who have suffered sexual abuse is so high that you may know at least one person who has suffered of some kind of abuse, so it's extremely important that you learn accurate information about these awful situations in order to address this topic the right way.
In this episode, Dr. Carmen Román chats with Dr. Nazanin Moali about why some victims of abuse decide to keep it a secret and what are the reasons In addition, they will talk about different beliefs people have about sexual abuse and tell us if they are valid.
Dr. Carmen Roman is a dedicated clinical psychologist who helps parents, families and community leaders who have suffered from trauma, anxiety or stress to manage their emotions, guiding them to a harmonious life.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Emotional barriers of an abused person
- Why do victims keep silent for so many years?
- What is true and what is false about sexual abuse
- Beliefs about abuse
- Ways victims can protect themselves
Give us some love! Donate here:
Connect with Dr. Nazanin Moali
- Website http://www.sexologypodcast.com/
Connect with Dr Carmen Roman
- Website www.emotionsinharmony.org
- Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/EmotionsinHarmony/
- Instagram https://www.Instagram.com/EmotionsinHarmony
- Twitter https://twitter.com/DraCarmenRoman
- YouTube www.Youtube.com/c/ArmoniaEmocional
- Amazon https://www.amazon.com/shop/dracarmenroman