Manage episode 182737536 series 1451691
The other week I was teaching a workshop to 25 women who were under 40 years old (they were new moms) and I asked the question, “Who here feels like their mom taught them how to cook?” Only ONE woman put up her hand!!
I was shocked, but not really as it supported the fact that we are now spending more money on take-out and restaurant food than we are on groceries. No wonder we’re in a health crisis!
In a study published in the journal BMJ Open, scientists found that nearly 60% of an American’s daily calories come from “ultraprocessed” food, and only 1% of their calories from vegetables!!
This is exactly why Sarica Cernohous and I are talking Simple Food Prep Tips in this podcast episode!! We need to spend time in the kitchen. We need to cook real food. AND, it doesn’t have to be hard or complicated.
In this episode you will…
- Learn what traditional food prep is – (it’s not as complicated as you might think)
- Hear the debate around “Ancestral Eating” – crazy or the cure for the health crisis North America is in?
- Understand how Traditional Chinese Medicine could benefit you
- Know what you should eat first thing in the morning (no, it’s not coffee – you can have it, but eat this first!) – this is especially helpful for women
- Realize how we’re culturally set up to fail and what you need to do to succeed with your health goals
19 episodes available. A new episode about every 12 days averaging 34 mins duration .