Manage episode 223495949 series 2366864
We hear about antioxidants all the time, but do you really know what they are? Curious about what the terms ‘antioxidant’ and ‘free radical’ actually mean? Want to how to reduce oxidative damage and best support antioxidant status? Tune in to hear Ali and Becki break down the main function of antioxidants in the body from cancer prevention to their role in protecting the brain and beyond. Learn about the main conditions that demand antioxidants, our take on the controversy around antioxidant supplementation and best food sources of antioxidants.
In this episode, Ali and Becki take a 101 approach to antioxidants from their form and function to how they can be used to slow the effects of aging and reverse disease. Learn about cutting edge research in the area of antioxidants and why the synergy found in nature is often superior to individual antioxidant supplementation. Hear our take on best food forms of antioxidants, when you should rely on supplementation and how micronutrient testing can aid in an individualized approach.
Also in this Episode:
- What Are Antioxidants Anyway? Benefits of Antioxidants
- Episode 110: Alzheimer’s and Cognitive Decline Part 1 Episode 112: Alzheimer’s and Cognitive Decline Part 2
- Cardiovascular Disease
- CoQ10--highly recommended to take a minimum of 150 mg/day if on a statin, here is our recommended product!
- The Importance of Glutathione
- Clean Up Your Cosmetics: Check out our Fave BeautyCounter! Super Turmeric Inflammazyme ORAC Scoring of Antioxidant Rich Foods Candiactivator How to Boost Glutathione Status
This episode is sponsored by Crowd Cow, your one-stop shop for craft meats sourced straight from the farm. Crowd Cow believes in full transparency. For a limited time, enjoy FREE Shipping in addition to $25 off your first order at www.crowdcow.com/naturallynourished
150 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 64 mins duration .