Manage episode 251107289 series 60566
Making meaningful and intentional choices with your nutrition is one of the most powerful ways you can influence your health on a daily basis. The way you eat can impact the health of your microbiome, the way your genes behave, and more. But with so much information (and misinformation) out there, it’s easy to become overwhelmed and confused about the best way to nourish your body.
Today you’re going to hear a compilation of some of the best nutrition tips from the past 100 episodes of The Model Health Show. These insights cover topics from the biochemical aspect of nutrition to developing a healthy mindset about eating. You’re going to learn about appropriately fueling your metabolism, how to make optimal nutrition choices, and how to become more competent when it comes to food.
Most importantly, this episode contains actionable advice you can implement to cover all of your bases, nutritionally. I hope this episode serves as an in-depth resource to support your nutrition, your health, and your life. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Why it’s necessary to be flexible with your metabolism.
- The two main rules of metabolic function.
- What ECGC is, and how to incorporate it into your diet.
- How food restriction can disrupt your body’s natural intelligence.
- The problem with assigning morality to food.
- How to support your intestinal flora.
- The importance of eating a wide variety of colors.
- What it means to eat stressed out foods.
- The benefits of eating foraged and wild-caught foods.
- What xenohormetic molecules are, and how they contribute to longevity.
- Three important questions you should ask yourself before purchasing food.
- How your liver health can contribute to leaky gut (and how to fix it!)
- The role of resistant starches, and sources you can add to your diet.
- What it means to increase your kitchen IQ.
- How embracing variety in your diet nourishes your body.
- Why you should avoid food that’s purposely engineered to be delicious.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Organifi.com/Model ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off!
- Breaking Through Metabolic Gridlock with Dr. Jade Teta – Episode 371
- How to Eat to Beat Disease with Dr. William Li – Episode 345
- Break Free from the Dieting Mentality with Kelsey Heenan – Episode 391
- Is Detoxification a Miracle or a Myth? with Dr. Alejandro Junger – Episode 386
- Why We Age and Why We Don’t Have to with Dr. David Sinclair – Episode 381
- Dangerous Chemicals in Our Food Supply with Vani Hari – Episode 333
- Your Body’s Hidden Fat Loss System with Dr. Alan Christianson – Episode 332
- Meal Prep Commandments with Kevin Curry – Episode 323
- The Science of Flavor & The Dorito Effect with Mark Schatzker – Episode 305
- Eat to Beat Disease by William Li, MD
- Lifespan by David Sinclair, PhD
- Feeding You Lies by Vani Hari
- The Dorito Effect by Mark Schatzker
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes:
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation