Manage episode 231364024 series 1705836
- "Jump into the fire as much as you can so you can become stronger in the face of adversity"
- Think of your values as a snow flake, no two are alike
- Your values are just as important as the next person’s.
- Platinum rule: Treat others as they want to be treated
- To link goals to your values, simply question how is the thing you want (goal) going to benefit each one of your values? Then continue to ask the same question; why is that important?
- The value determination process will better help you understand what really matters - this connection to your deeper reasoning will make it more likely that you follow through with what you have to do in order to achieve your goals
- Trevor's process for when he is stuck in his own head: Do a mini workout and mini meditation
- In talking about productivity, having the one main project that takes most the focus/time then the passion/creative project that is an investment for the future.
- True goal of fitness and finding mindfulness is that both are tools to help your overall being, not to achieve a surface level result i.e weight loss. These goals are an important part of the conversation but cannot be the main reason for you to get healthy as they lack the depth required to persist through hard times.
- Chinese Water Treatment: Drink around 32 oz of water first thing in the morning then fast for 40 minutes
- Trevor's workout routine includes drop sets where you do a weight for a set amount of reps, then immediately lower the weight hit another set of reps and repeat for 3-5 sets.
- Tempo training or manipulating tempo of a movement to create more intensity. For example with a push-up, lowering yourself down for 3 seconds, pausing for 1 second then pushing yourself back up for 3 seconds.
- Got to make your workouts fun and look for ways for them to not only serve your goals but that you actually enjoy.
- Working out can be an art - its all about what you're looking to get out of it
374 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 53 mins duration .