Manage episode 352009434 series 2416324
Monica Michelle is joined by author of The Lady’s Handbook For Her Mysterious Illness, Sarah Ramey.
Sarah Ramey lives with:
- Myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS)
- Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS)
- Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS)
- Mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS)
*This episode was recorded back in 2020 but is very much still topical today.
In this episode, Sarah Ramey and Monica discuss:
- being denied painkillers
- non-traditional medicine and being forced to embody the female ‘warrior’ archetype
- the lack of empathy in the medical world
- navigating specific illnesses within a world of cancer and other leading illnesses
- breaking the gender norms, emotional intelligence, and more
01:53 - Sarah’s Story
8:17 - Being Denied Painkillers
12:00- Forced into Becoming a Wellness “Warrior” with Non-Traditional Medicine
17:00 - Feeling Bad for Your Symptoms
19:00- Empathy in the Medical World
23:13 - “WOMIS” - A Woman with a Mysterious Illness
25:31 - Chronic Fatigue Syndrome within a World of Other Issues
29:01 - Working From Home
33:49 - David Bowie’s Labyrinth and the Parallels
38:40 - Breaking the Gender Normative
48:06 - Final Thoughts
Show notes and the full transcript are located on the episode page. Thank you and enjoy!
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.