Manage episode 243886194 series 2097883
#121 Dr. Gurevich is a naturopathic physician and acupuncturist. She is currently co-owner of two large integrative medical clinics, one in northwest Portland and one in northeast Portland. She runs a very busy private practice specializing in treating inflammatory bowel disease as well as IBS/SIBO and functional GI disorders.She lectures extensively and teaches about both conventional and natural treatments for inflammatory bowel disease as well as SIBO and IBS. She is one of the foremost experts on the intersection of IBD and IBS and how treating one resolves the other.
Dr. Gurevich also acts as a mentor in the naturopathic community educating about GI disorders. She supervises residents and consults with physicians about their most difficult GI cases. Dr. Gurevich was nominated as one of Portland Top Docs by the Portland Monthly in both 2014 and 2016.In this episode we cover
- What conditions fall under the banner of Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Microscopic Colitis
- We discuss the causative factors of IBD
- The link between IBD and SIBO
- What role the gut microbiome plays in IBD
- What we might see in the gut microbiome of an individual experiencing IBD
- What sort of testing Dr Gurevich utilises to establish the presence of IBD
- Treatment strategies
- The Mastering IBD course which I highly recommend all GP’s and health practitioners interested in inflammatory bowel disease do.