Manage episode 225997009 series 2478202
John Robbins is a 3-million copy bestselling author, social activist, and humanitarian. President and co-founder of Food Revolution Network, aimed at helping you make life choices that enhance your health, nourish your spirit and make the most of each stage in your life’s journey.
The only son of the founder of the Baskin-Robbins ice cream empire, John Robbins was groomed to follow in his father’s footsteps, but chose to walk away from Baskin-Robbins and the immense wealth it represented to “…pursue the deeper American Dream…the dream of a society at peace with its conscience because it respects and lives in harmony with all life forms. A dream of a society that is truly healthy, practicing wise and compassionate stewardship of a balanced ecosystem.”
His book ‘Diet for a New America’ helped my Mum and I begin to transform my Father’s chronic illness at the beginning of creating Food Matters.
In this episode you will learn:
- Why John choose to walk away from his Father's multi-billion dollar empire
- How he helped heal his own fathers chronic illness
- What’s really wrong with the food industry
- The truth about how food production
- How Factory Farming is impacting your health
- John’s must-eat foods for an optimal diet
- Why the longest living people are so healthy
- How to change your intention and change your life
13 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 55 mins duration .