Manage episode 222960729 series 1041502
In this episode of the Escape Diet Prison Podcast, I am joined by Isabel Foxen Duke who helps women stop feeling crazy around food.
Isabel has one of the most distinct voices in the realm of emotional eating, bingeing, dieting and the obsession around food and our bodies. I love her authenticity and her no Bullshit approach and am thrilled to share this conversation with you.
We talk about:
- Isabel’s struggle with food and how she basically doesn’t have a memory of not feeling like her body was a problem she needed to fix
- Never questioning the “truth” that you constantly need to control food and your body or all hell will break loose
- How your desperate search for the magic secret that’ll make you permanently thin and loved can take over your life
- The extreme feelings of shame and failure that dieting/binge eating brings about
- The danger of the messages and controlling behavior in eating disorder and diet recovery
- The Hunger/Fullness Diet
- Isabel’s turning point: the moment she realized that you just cannot control your food and that that is totally fine (gasp!)
- The moment real recovery actually begins!
- The importance of body-acceptance and what acceptance actually is
- How long-term weight suppression is harming your body
- How to accept your body when you’re in a larger body (even in a world of weight bias and fat phobia)
- Weight and Health and the fact that dieting is never a safe treatment option for any condition
- The concept of Binge Eating as a construct that can only exist in a diet-obsessed world
- What normal eating actually is
- and so much more!
Check out Isabel’s free video series on how to stop feeling crazy around food.
If you want to check out my first interview with Isabel (from 5 years ago!), you can listen to it here.
Love and light,
Enjoyed this episode? Share it with others in your life who MUST listen to it right now.
Thanks for Subscribing to Escape Diet Prison:
Note: This podcasts is now also available on Stitcher!
P.S. The Escape Diet Prison Tribe is BACK!
To remind you, here’s just a bit of what you get if you join the Tribe (on top of the monthly themes!)
Worksheets, videos and trainings on the following themes:
Princess or Queen? And how these archetypes relate to body image and food
Overeating, Dieting and Binging – The core healing strategies to get out of diet prison
Unbelieving and finding your core
The best practices to build resilience around media messages and our diet culture
Self-Compassion trumps Self-Esteem: Practices to give yourself kindness and care
Feminine & Masculine Energies and how to use them to your advantage
My personal self-care strategies and exactly what I do to stay confident and in love with my body without falling back into the dieting trap
A brand sparking new Journaling 101 eBook!
Meditations and other audio messages.
Weekly EFT Videos and scripts.
Weekly Q&As and so much more!
What are you waiting for? Join the TRIBE now!
The post (Over-)Eating is Not a Problem with Isabel Foxen Duke appeared first on Anne-Sophie Reinhardt.
174 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 40 mins duration .